Tuesday, February 1, 2011

A Short Fiction

It seems a lot of people are sharing some short free reads out there and I have a few things in my folder. The thing is they aren't necessarily m/m or even romance at all. My brain goes odd places sometimes, take this very short werewolf story I wrote. (Please do not read if you want something serious, thanks)

 

It's Like, OMG, SO Totally Cool!
by: Diane Adams

It’s the craziest thing. My best friend, Sam, is a werewolf. Swear to God, I’m not kidding! I saw him change!

“Sam, you should totally bite me so I can be wolfy with you.” I tried to convince him to let me join his fun, but he bulked.

“No,” Hmmm, that was abrupt, but he doesn’t like for me to look unhappy so I tried my best pout, he didn't relent. “Even if I would change you, I can’t. It doesn’t work that way.”

“Oh, poop! Then how does it work?  How did you get to be one? Do you only change when the moon’s full? I read Charlaine Harris, I know about supes.” Supes are supernatural beings, just in case someone is wondering. Not everyone knows stuff like I do. I think Sookie is freaking awesome, she knows all those vamps and were’s, and now I can be just like her. A friend of the pack and crap!

“Can I meet your leader?” I asked trying to be calm, and not mind too much that so far Sam hadn’t answered any of my questions. “I can help. I can go out when you can’t and…” Sam looked at me weird.

“That’s vamps, stupid.” He cut me off, “vamps can’t do business in the day. Geez, would you give it a rest already? I’m not taking you to the leader. You aren’t going to be a werewolf or a ‘friend of the pack', where in the hell do you get ideas like that?” He didn’t give me time to answer, to explain about Sookie. Well ok she can read minds, and I can’t, but why sweat the small stuff? I wasn’t exactly a stacked-house either, at just past 14 I hadn’t quite fulfilled the promise of womanhood, but I would, soon, I just needed a bit more time. I tried to pay attention to Sam, really. He’s so negative all the time. I don’t understand why he’s so disgruntled with being a werewolf, I mean it’s not as cool as being a vamp, but it’s the next coolest thing ever.

Tonight there’s another full moon. I could stay and watch him change, it’s so hot. Sam is not all that great to look at, he’s got a big nose and his hair is way too shaggy...

 “OMG! Sam, you have wolf hair, that’s why it’s so shaggy and out of control! And do you know how big a wolf you are when you change? I mean, well, ok, you aren’t all that big, sorta medium sized, but you’re young and so you’ll get bigger. That’s what you told me about, well you know (his equipment is not very impressive, he says it’ll grow. I wonder if that’s true…) Oh, but you have some really big pointy teeth! Are you sure you can’t make me a wolf? Do you ever have sex, you know like that?”

This narrative has been interrupted by Sam.

Good news, I ate her.

The End

No comments:

Post a Comment